Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Playing in the Sandbox (Exercise #17)

I thought it was kind of weird the first time I heard our web librarian use the term "sandbox" to describe an area of the website under construction, but now I think it makes perfect sense.

After I posted my blog I clicked on it to make sure the link would work. At first I kept getting an error message saying I had a "slash" in the wrong place. I switched to "Source" so I could see what the code looked like, and I found the problem. Somehow an extra slash got added to the beginning of my link. I wonder though if people who didn't know at least some basic coding would be able to figure that out if they got that kind of error message.

It was fairly easy to use (possibly because I've added things to the one at work) and made me think about the possibilities now that I know there's a free wiki program that I can use. I definitely see the potential for using this if you're working on a project long-distance with a colleague. It would be an easy way to add content and edit information.

No comments: