Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Once Upon a Furl in a Podcast Long Ago

I wanted to mention a presentation I went to called "Once Upon a Furl in a Podcast Long Ago: Using New Technologies to Support Library Instruction" at the ALA conference in D.C. I thought others might be interested in this presentation because it helped me think about the activities I've been doing for this project in a different way. I liked that it gave me some ideas of how I could use this "web 2.0" stuff in the library instruction sessions that I teach. For example, somebody mentioned using the concept of tagging to explain subject headings. You can compare and contrast them to help students better explain how subject headings work. I thought that was simple and yet really clever. Also, someone talked about using social bookmarks as a way to get students more actively involved with the learning process, especially when working with distant learners.

No comments: